From Frustration to Delight: Transforming the Commercial Real Estate Customer Journey
Most property asset managers understand the importance of delivering a positive customer experience to our tenants. Satisfied tenants are more likely to renew their leases and recommend our properties to others, leading to increased occupancy rates and revenue. However, the process of finding and leasing commercial real estate can be complex and overwhelming for tenants, leading to frustration and dissatisfaction. In this blog post, we'll explore strategies for transforming the customer journey and turning frustration into delight, helping you as a reader to build long-term relationships with your tenants.
- Make every touchpoint memorable: Every interaction with a tenant is an opportunity to create a positive experience. Whether it's a phone call, email, or in-person meeting, make sure that you and your team are providing excellent customer service and going above and beyond to meet the tenant's needs.
- Regular tenant announcements: Keep your tenants informed about updates and changes to the property, such as maintenance or renovation projects. This helps create a sense of community and keeps tenants in the loop.
- Use technology to extend relationships to even remote offices: With the rise of remote work, many tenants may not be physically present at the property on a regular basis. By using technology such as video conferencing or online communication tools, you can stay connected and continue building relationships even when you're not in the same location.
- Make sure every service provider is thinking tenant experiences: It's not just your team that interacts with tenants – other service providers such as maintenance staff and security also play a role in the customer journey. Make sure that everyone involved in the property is committed to delivering a positive experience for tenants.
- Streamline the leasing process: One of the biggest sources of frustration for commercial real estate customers is the length and complexity of the lease process. By streamlining your processes and simplifying the steps involved, you can make it easier for customers to find and lease the property they need.
- Provide excellent customer service: From the initial inquiry to the signing of the lease, make sure that you, your team and your service providers are providing top-notch customer service. This means being responsive, helpful, personal and proactive in addressing any concerns or questions that may arise.
- Use technology to your advantage: Technology can help make the customer journey smoother and more efficient. For example, you might use a CRM (customer relationship management) system or a tenant portal to keep track of customer interactions and preferences, streamline communication and document all interactions.
- Be transparent: Customers appreciate transparency and honesty. Make sure that you're upfront about any fees or costs associated with the leasing process, and be clear about any potential issues or challenges that may arise.
- Seek feedback: Finally, don't be afraid to ask for feedback from your customers. This can help you identify areas where you can improve the customer journey and make the process more enjoyable for everyone involved.
We are building the world's first operational involvement platform. Our mission is to make the process of finding, sharing, fixing and learning from issues and observations as easy as thinking about them and as rewarding as being remembered for them.
By doing this, we are making work more meaningful for all parties involved.
More information at falcony.io.
Tenant involvement is important for efficient property management. As a property manager, you need...
A tenant portal is ultimately there to enhance the relationship between you, the property manager,...
Perfecting the management of your facilities is an intricate job. It requires the collaboration of...